Friday, October 21, 2011

CALM DOWN. Favorite sayings from our childhoods.

I have been noticing that my kids are developing their own "family" sayings. This has gotten me thinking about some of my favorite sayings from when was  kid, hanging with my cousins in Oxnard, CA. My favorite?

CALM DOWN.

It's not meant in the sense you probably think, though. It's kind of like our "Aloha"-it can be super positive OR scathingly negative! For example:

Let's say you pick up your cousin to go out dancing and her outfit is AWESOME. You might say, "Ay prima? Calm down!"

OR

"Did you see Robert's new girlfriend? Calm down with the eyelash extensions!"

Get the picture?

What are some of your favorite family sayings?

Wishing you love with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama

1 comment:

Cynthia Martinez said...

You need to Calm Down with this Post. My cousins and I don't have an outright saying we have have a word "right" As she is not right for being all kinds of wonderful.