Friday, November 4, 2011

VIVA LAS VEGAS! How to put on 1.5 lbs in 4 days and look cute at the same time.

I feel like I've been away for AAAAAGES! So what have I been up to? Ummm...putting on 1.5 pounds?


WAIT! Hear me out!


Sometimes 1.5 pounds is a bargain when you also gain a TON of fun and learning. That's exactly what I got while spending 4 days at the inaugural Latina Lifestyle Bloggers Conference in VEGAS, baby! I've been a part of this awesome, dynamic group since it started and was NOT going to miss the opportunity to party in person with these FABULOUS blogueras!
Opening night dinner courtesy of sponsor BUCA DI BEPPO! (photo via Curves Ahead Makeup)
Four days with an absolutely brilliant and inspiring (not to mention FOXY) group of women, working on our skills and learning tools to become better bloggers and businesswomen. The seminars were awesome! First, there was the keynote speech by acclaimed author Alisa Valdes, of "Dirty Girls' Social Club" fame. WOW! We were super pumped after her talk!
Thanks for taking time to talk to each of us, Ms. Valdes!

We learned about branding, SEO and business planning.
Seminars is our EXCLUSIVE suite! Photo via Curves Ahead Makeup
 And the FOOD! It was too yummy to resist. The conference was held at the Tropicana, which I absolutely LOVED! The interiors were so fresh and sunny-feeling. And I adored every restaurant in the place. We even toured the "Mob Experience" museum at the Trop which totally fed my love for "Vintage Vegas"-WOW!
Hangin' at the Trop. Photo via Curves Ahead Makeup

But then? There was the FASHION. This was a pretty intimidating crowd, style-wise. Many of the ladies were fulltime fashion bloggers and they Turned. It. Out.

Like the aforementioned Curves Ahead Makeup. She and her partner run a business called Fancy Steps which offers unbelievable shoes like these:
They wore heels like these ALL THE TIME! Photo via Curves Ahead Makeup
Speaking of shoes....I was muy flattered when Illsay from Full Figured Potential asked to snap of photo of ME for her blog! WHAT?
Photo via Full Figured Potential
I was just trying to be comfy! And here this fancy fashion blogger wanted to feature my outfit on her blog! I was wearing pieces from this season's Jockey Person to Person Collection (of course). I like to be colorful but I think what really made the outfit (if I do say so) was the SHOES.

I want you to know, I was a little skeptical about taking these shoes to Vegas. I had been sent the pair of glittery "Sea Star" sandals to review by the company, Fibi and Clo, but only decided to take them at the last minute. OMG you guys! I could not BELIEVE how many compliments I got on these sandals! But what I really couldn't believe was how incredibly comfortable they were!  I wore them all over Las Vegas-even during our fabulous tour of the 2 million square foot Fashion Show mall...
Next time you go to Vegas, do NOT miss Fashion Show mall!! Photo via Curves Ahead Makeup
Now, I am not a "flip-flop" kind of a gal. I own only one pair of thong sandals and they are a VERY expensive pair of flats by Tory Burch, which are cute but tiring to wear after a couple of hours. I wore these Fibi and Clo sandals (which were even cuter than my TBs and only $45) all day and night! I literally walked MILES in these without getting tired at all. LOVE THEM! I hope you'll take a moment to check out their website and see some of their other yummy styles. I was wary of getting them without trying them on but found them to be true to size and even prettier than the photo.


It was such a fantastic conference, and NOT just for the fashion! Thank you so much Ana Lydia, Sujeiry and everyone else from Latina Lifestyle Bloggers for working so hard to make such a productive and unforgettable conference. I'd especially like to thank all the wonderful sponsors for being so generous in extending themselves to all of us.


And those 1.5 pounds? I'm back on track to remove them, counting Weight Watchers pointsplus AND working the Sensa weightloss system! They were one of our fabulous sponsors-but there'll be more on them later. :)


WHEW! I'm tired just writing about it! But it was totally worth it. I hope you'll check out some of the links I've mentioned here, and who knows? Maybe you can join us at the next conference!


Wishing you love with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama



PS-THANK YOU so much to Curves Ahead Makeup and Full Figured Potential for sharing your photos with me!


Disclosure: I was sent the Sea Star sandals for review by Fibi and Clo. I purchased my own ticket and hotel for the conference and everything above is my personal and honest opinion.

No comments: