Sunday, January 29, 2012

Going to the theatah: Does this Culture Clash with my tacones?

I'm trying to pick out the perfect pair of Fancy Steps high heels. For what? For the theatah, of course! What am I going to see? Only American Night by Culture Clash at the La Jolla Playhouse!
 
Image via La Jolla Playhouse
 Why?

Because I love the theatah! Also:

1. This play sounds cool.
2. I believe in supporting my local arts community and
3. It happens to star a dear high school friend of mine, the brilliant Rene Millan.

What's it about? I could tell you, but I wouldn't do as good a job as the playwright himself. So I'll let him do it. (this video was taken during the world premiere of American Night at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival)
C'mon-it sounds AWESOME. And when was the last time you went to the theatah?
That long, huh?

Well, if you're in Southern California, I highly recommend you check out American Night before it closes on February 26th. I'm going to! Just as soon as I can decide which shoes to wear....

These? THESE? Oh, I can't possibly make up my mind!
Oh how I love the theatah! Don't you? Then get yourself some tickets, pick out your favorite tacones and go see American Night already!

Wishing you love with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama

PS-I realize this is slightly off-topic, but if anyone from Culture Clash is reading this: How is it that such an important cultural institution has NO twitter account? And the facebook group? It needs a little amor. Email me, hombres! shesnachomama@yahoo.com

No comments: