Monday, November 15, 2010

Nacho Mama is a Rock On Mommy!

lWell it's up! You can check out my post about Thanksgiving, My Big, Fat, American Thanksgivings at Rock On Mommies.

It's about the way my family put the American in Mexican-American!

We lived in San Diego, but my parents were both born and raised in Oxnard, California. We made the 10-hour roundtrip drive every other weekend to visit my grandparents, aunts, uncles and my many, many cousins.

Whenever any of my friends has occasion to visit Oxnard, they always ask me where they can get "the Good" Mexican food. And I'm always at a loss. Because we never went out for Mexican food, why would we? We were eating it every day at home! My grandfather's homemade salsa and nopales(cactus) sat in mason jars on the table at every meal.  But if you want to know where to get a fabulous burger or Japanese food in Oxnard? I'm your gal.

Like many of you, we put our own spin and flavor on the holidays. What were your famly traditions when you were a child? Do you keep them up in your family now?

If you're wondering what mine were, you'll have to head over to Rock On Mommies to find out!


Wishing you love with extra cheese,
Nacho Mama

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it very cool! I miss my old traditions. My family has scattered to Nevada, Idaho, Washington, and Texas...so we dont get to see them very much anymore...Were starting our new traditions and Im excited to have these memories with my kids!

Nacho Mama said...

Hi Liz! Thanks so much for stopping by! It is fun to start your own traditions, isn't it? I'm busy trying to come up with some fun stuff to do with the kids this year :) Margo (Nacho Mama)