Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful for Milk Because...it can Soothe the Savage Mami! #Positivisimo



We all know that some warm milk seems to have a magical calming effect on our kids, yes? But I recently discovered that milk works it's wonders on Mamis too!


Like many of you, I have been running around like crazy, shopping, cooking and making crafts like these...




Now, while I LOVE shopping and cooking and crafting, somehow doing it all with the added pressure of company and kids who are not in school (and are instead in my hair)-I find myself going just a teensy bit loca.


The last couple of days it has been pouring rain and my kids have some serious cabin fever. I finally got my toddler to settle down last night with some warm milk-whew! But this morning when I looked around at my MESSY house and started to think about everything I need to do before Thanksgiving? Let's just say I was cranky enough to give my 2yo a run for his money!


I managed to stop myself *just* before I had a screaming tantrum and realized that if warm milk could work on my son, maybe it could work for me too! When I was a kid my Mama Lola used to make me a nice hot mug of cafe con leche in the afternoon. So I got out my largest "Latte Love" mug and whipped up some ccl. Then I went OUTSIDE to calmly sip my yummy, soothing beverage and enjoy the silence and fall foliage.
I feel better already!
It worked WONDERS! I was ready to take on cookies, napkin rings and turkey hands to beat the band!


But first? I think I'll whip up some Mexican Hot Chocolate for the whole family. :)

If YOU need a little holiday relaxation and inspiration, be sure to follow the Master of the Glass Half Full!
On Twitter: www.twitter.com/maestropositivo
On FaceBook: www.facebook.com/ElMaestroDelVasoMedioLleno


Wishing you love with extra cheese!
Nacho Mama


Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored campaign with the California Milk Processor's Board and Latina Mom Bloggers

No comments: