Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Nacho Mama's Podcast EPISODE 4: Looking great while losing weight! Makeup & Beauty

You can listen to Nacho Mama's Blog ANYTIME on BlogTalkRadio!

Listen to internet radio with NachoMamasPodcast on Blog Talk Radio
Photo via Curves Ahead Makeup


This week our special guest is Candy of Curves Ahead Makeup. In addition to her extremely informative blog, Candy is also a gifted makeup artist and runs the most DEEEE-VINE online boutique called Fancy Steps. And, like me, Candy has also been following the Weight Watchers Pointsplus plan.


We'll be talking about beauty, makeup and the importance of feeling pretty along EVERY STEP of your weightloss journey, no matter what size or shape you are TODAY.



Here's one of Candy's great makeup tutorial videos:


PODCAST LINKS! 

Curves Ahead Makeup-Candy's Blog

Curves Ahead Youtube Channel

Fancy Steps (the SHOES!)

If Curves Could Talk-Stef's Blog with GREAT makeup reviews, body image vlogs and more!

Weight Watchers Website

BOOKS

What You Wear Can Change Your Life by Trinny Woodall & Susannah Constantine
This is THE BEST fashion & makeup book I've ever read. I think it's out of print, but well worth hunting down.


Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
This book, by  Mindy Kaling on "The Office" is a funny and affirming book about being completely cool with who you are. I got it as an audio book and got many strange looks as I walked around my neighborhood laughing out loud.



American Thighs: The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide to Protecting Your Assets by Jill Connor Browne
I am a little late in discovering the "Sweet Potato Queens" books and I don't have any good excuse. Though I am not Southern myself, these book have taught me a great deal about just being and doing what I dang well please, no matter what anyone else thinks. I've not actually read this one yet, but it's the next book on my reading list, even though my husband finds the covers of these books deeply disturbing.

Lettin' It All Hang Out: An Autobiography by RuPaul
If, after reading the above books, you STILL feel like you can't be whatever you want or can't feel pretty the way you look now? This book will obliterate all doubt. If a 6'4" man can be the Supermodel of the World, then we ALL have a shot at beauty. Fun fact: Rupaul's real first name is Rupaul.

Remember, you can listen to Nacho Mama's Podcast ANYTIME on Blogtalkradio!

Wishing you love with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama

Disclosure:  All opinions expressed on Nacho Mama's Podcast are strictly my own. I am also not affiliated with Weight Watchers-just a regular, paying customer, folks. ALL PODCAST CONTENT Blogtalkradio.com/NachoMamasPodcast is © Nacho Mama and nachomamasblog.com, 2009-2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of podcast content without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. 










No comments: