Sunday, July 1, 2012

NIFTY THRIFTY! Pyrex Coffee Mug

I try not to go on about it too much, but you might have gathered that I have a thing for Pyrex. I am always on the lookout for pieces to list in my Etsy store. My friends are always saying, "You must have so much Pyrex!" because I'm pretty much always boring them with my most recent finds. What they don't know is that I only keep a tiny fraction of my discovered treasures for myself. The rest I sell, as I said, or give to people as gifts. I'm extremely partial to the largely maligned "Butterfly Gold" pattern (I'll tell you that story someday) and I have a blue "fridgie" that holds my dish soap and sponges. Other than that? There's just "The Mug".
I love you, Pyrex mug!
This Pyrex coffee mug dates back to at least the 1950s. Both my husband and I are in love with this coffee mug! There's just something about it that feels so comforting and satisfying. When I drink my morning joe from this mug, I feel like I can face anything the day will throw my way. And even though I bought it at my neighborhood thrift store for just a quarter and could easily sell it for $4 or more, I don't think I'll ever part with this one.

Some things are just too good to sell.

Wishing you love with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama

1 comment:

Laura said...

I LOVE that mug!! Such a great find :-)