Tuesday, December 24, 2013

CHRISTMAS ZUMBA PLAYLIST!

Celebrating the holidays at Slimmons with Richard, 2011

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY!

How's Christmas Eve treatin' ya so far? I spent the morning subbing a Weight Watchers meeting - which had a way better turnout than I was expecting, we even had TWO members reach LIFETIME! Then this evening I taught a Very Special Zumba Class, featuring some great holiday music to work up a sweat to.

If you need some tunes to help you get your groove on and earn some Activity Points for that cup of eggnog tomorrow, check out my CHRISTMAS ZUMBA PLAYLIST!

WARMUP-"Last Christmas" by Wham
Can you believe she gave away his heart the very next day? That's cold. I know he pitches for the other team, but come on, he's George Michael.

"Mambo, Santa, Mambo" by the Enchanters
I've always loved this one-perfect for a classic mambo routine.

"Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney
I don't care what anyone says, this is a classic.

"Christmas (Baby, please come home) by Darlene Love
It's not Christmas without Darlene Love.  Go ahead and try to celebrate without her, I dare you.

"Christmas in Hollis" by Run DMC
Mom's cookin' chicken and collard greens and YOU are gettin' ill!
"Rockin Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee 
I loved this album when I was a kid. I still want the outfit she wore on the cover of "This is...BRENDA"!

"Mr. Heatmiser" by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Yes, I do know all the words. Do you?
"I Wish it Could Be Christmas Every Day" by Wizzard
I always forget about this one, and then when I hear it I'm so, so happy!
"All I Want For Christmas" by Mariah Carey
Because it's the best-selling Christmas song OF ALL TIME. Take that, "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth".

"Merry Christmas Everyone" by Shakin' Steve
You can take the girl out of the 80s...this one is really fun to dance to.

SQUATS ROUTINE: "Christmas Wrapping" by The Waitresses
I. LOVE. THIS. SONG. That is all.


COOLDOWN: "Baby, It's Cold Outside" by Lou Rawls and Dianne Reeves
There are SO many versions of this song, but it's hard to go wrong with Lou Rawls. Everyone was singing along!


There you have it! Get up, get moving and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS tomorrow, everyone!

Wishing you love with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama

No comments: