Friday, September 4, 2015

Experiments in Health: in which I try Diatomaceous Earth

so beautiful, and yet, so allergy-inducing
Can you believe summer is almost officially over? While I'm happy to have the structure of the school year back, I'm also sad because I've had a really, really fun summer. But there's one summer phenomenon I can't WAIT to say goodbye to:

My summer health/weight. Sigh. It's time to pay the piper.

in my mind, "the piper" is always Richard Simmons
Some people struggle with their weight and health in the winter, I always struggle way more in the summer. First of all, summer means vacations, out-of-town visitors and MY BIRTHDAY...all of which means a few extra pounds come fall. This year, for some reason, I also suffered terrible allergies that zapped my energy, and hormonal shifts that have wreaked all manor of havoc.

I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a re-boot. 

Do you ever have this experience: you suddenly decide to make a change in your health, or your job, or where you live and suddenly everywhere you look there's information everywhere on exactly that subject? I was catching up on some of my fave Youtubers and this video, from a couple of years ago, showed up in my "suggested videos" cue.  I just love "Elle is For Living"!

Now, I'm a HUGE geek when it comes to supplements, nutrition and things of that nature, I couldn't believe I'd never heard of diatomaceous earth. Further research suggested it's perfectly harmless and inexpensive-so I figured I had nothing to lose by trying it. (note: I am a bit of a renegade when it comes to trying stuff, please obtain professional guidance before trying anything new, like ever) I've been taking it for about a week, here's a video sharing what I've noticed so far:

Not a bad start to my little "Margo 2.0" project. I'll keep you updated on any further effects I might experience, but so far so good!

Interested? Try FOOD GRADE DE on Amazon. That's Elle's link, not mine-I don't make any money if you buy anything using that link. :)

Next on my docket is trying to balance my hormones as much as I possibly can through my diet. Hmmmm...we'll see how that one goes. Stay tuned!

How about you? Do you get off-track with your health and diet in summer? Or winter? Or both? Got any plans for "You 2.0"? Like what?

Wishing you love with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama

No comments: