Thursday, February 10, 2011

Eat It or Wear It? (What I Bought at the California Gift Show)

Wow-I feel like I haven't blogged in ages! But my whole family was taken down for over a week with a particularly nasty cold-thingy.  I'm still a little green around the gills, but I couldn't go this long without blogging-especially since I meant to share this with you at least a week ago!

One of my favorite events that I attended in January was the California Gift Show-you can read the trend report I wrote for Rock on Mommies HERE.

What I didn't share in my review was the one thing I actually bought at the gift show-but first let me tell you about the absolute highlight of that day for me (drumroll)
I GOT TO MEET THE CRAFTY CHICA!!!!! 

That's right, I got to meet, hug and talk to Kathy Cano-Murillo, aka "The Crafty Chica." You've seen me mention her here a few times, I am a GIGANTE fan! If, like me, you follow her blog and tweets, you know she is clever, sweet, generous and adorable-in person and in print. I was bummed that I didn't get to attend her book signing that evening, I absolutely loved her first novel, Waking Up in the Land of Glitter, and I can't wait for her next book, Miss Scarlet's School of Patternless Sewing, to come out on March 8th (You can pre-order your copy by clicking HERE!)

I saw several vendors offering Mexican-themed gifts, but Kathy's booth was by far my favorite. There were beautiful original art pieces by Kathy and her husband, Patrick...
The "Crafty Chica" booth also featured work by the Armas family, of CJ's Angels. I really enjoyed speaking to Jose, Annette and Theresa about their work. It was quite inspiring to see how this gifted couple were so supportive and nurturing of their daughter's artistic talents. So I just had to buy a set of their pan dulce earrings. You know how I love pan dulce! I couldn't resist-I got a pair in every color!
Now I can enjoy my pan dulce without worrying about blowing my weekly points! 
Better on my ears than on my thighs, right?

Wishing you love (and pan dulce) with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama

No comments: