Monday, June 20, 2011

ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMIN: Glamming up your office for $100 at Homegoods

Who doesn't love a good bargain?  HomeGoods stores promise "Unique Home Decor and Affordable Home Funishings." I decided to put them to the test. Can $100 buy a makeover for a home office? Is it possible to be penny pinching and posh? Almost.

OK, so I went over budget a teensy bit. Here's what I picked up at Homegoods for $100.96:




  • Ceramic and Lucite Lamp with Shade {$49.99} 
  • White Lacquer Stack File Box {$19.99}
  • Blue Lacquer and Chrome Hinged Desktop Box {$24.99}
  • Crystal Frame {$5.99}
I was impressed at how many coordinating colors and patterns were on offer, and how the store's layout made it easy to locate pieces that work with each other. You don't have to downsize your style to match your budget. With a frugal attitude and discerning eye, you can find the right pieces to cheer up almost any workspace without breaking the bank.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HG is my FAVORITE store! :) I happen to have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket too! Might need to go soon! :) Love the deals you got!

Nacho Mama said...

Thanks TJ! They had so much cute stuff there, especially for a cooking enthusiast like you :)