Saturday, November 12, 2011

Nacho Mama's 4-point Orange Creamsicle Pie! #Smuckers

Something you may not know about me is-I absolutely adore jam! Where most folks enjoy their pancakes, waffles and french toast smothered in maple syrup? I'll always reach for the marmalade or boysenberry jam.

So when Smuckers sent me an assortment of their jams to review as part of their Spreading Smucker’s® Traditions Recipe and Essay Contest, I was delighted to try and come up with an original recipe using one of my favorite ingredients!

Ok, it's not *entirely* original! One of my favorite recipes is this blackberry pie by Paula Deen
(you KNOW how I love her!). When I tried the Sweet Orange marmalade, it kind of reminded me of a creamsicle and I thought, "Why not make an ORANGE version of Paula's recipe?" Also, I wanted to make it as friendly to my Weight Watchers plan a possible. After a little fiddling, I came up with a pie that my whole family LOVES! You won't believe how EASY it is to make too!

Nacho Mama's Orange Creamsicle Pie (NO BAKE!)
serves 8
1 Lite pre-made Graham Cracker Crust
10z canned mandarin orange slices, drained
3T Smucker's Sweet Orange Marmalade
1 eight ounce tub of Fat Free whipped topping

1. Combine orange slices with marmalade and spread evenly over the crust.
2. Top with whipped topping and SERVE!!! That's it! (NOTE: the topping in the photo is not very fluffy because I was too impatient to completely defrost it before spreading on the pie. This made it even more like a creamsicle, but not as pretty looking as if I had let it completely thaw first.)
This is seriously yummy folks. I even made a "Peaches and Cream Pie" with 10 oz of drained canned *peaches* and Smucker's "Orchard's Finest" peach preserves. This was super yummy and, I thought, a fitting tribute to my favorite Georgia peach, Miss Paula Deen!

After plugging in all the ingredients on the WW website, the pointsplus for this recipe came out at only FOUR pointsplus per serving! That was almost as sweet as the pie itself. :) This is a great recipe for any time of year, but now (right before Thanksgiving) is when baking items like those pie crusts and the whipped topping go on sale, so it's a great time to stock up!

I had so much fun experimenting with these Smucker's products! For more info on their Spreading Smucker’s® Traditions Recipe and Essay Contest, please visit the Smucker’s website where you can find the competition, in English and Spanish: www.smuckers.com or www.smuckersenespanol.com.

I'll definitely be preparing one of these pies for the holidays-please let me know if you give my creamsicle pie a try!
Wishing you love with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama


Disclosure: I was sent these products for review by Smucker's. The above is my honest opinion-and my own recipe!

No comments: