Tuesday, April 3, 2012

REVIEW! Door.Ri for Impulse Only at Macy's #llblog

I have been wanting the perfect green dress for YEARS. Years! Don't ask me why, but there's something about a green dress that makes me think an Elizabeth Taylor moment might be possible for me after all. Ever since I was a kid and saw her in that green dress in Suddenly Last Summer, I've wanted a green dress for myself. You know the one:
image via Life.com
I've searched EVERYWHERE for my green dress, to no avail. Then, suddenly, Macy's sent it to me! I knew they were sending me a piece from their new Doo.Ri collection, I had no idea that the piece would be MY GREEN DRESS!

First, a little bit about the designer:

"Doo-Ri Chung has quickly established herself as a designer whose work is admired as much for its beauty as for its technical brilliance. Since launching her signature collection in 2003, Doo-Ri Chung has made her mark as one of the leading lights of the next generation of great American designers.  Within a year of launching her label, Chung was named as a finalist in the first-ever Council of Fashion Designers of America/Vogue Fashion Fund (CVFF) and was prominently featured in the Douglas Keeve film “Seamless,” which documented the challenges and triumphs of three talented designers with growing businesses. By 2005, she had been inducted as a member of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) and in 2006 won the Samsung Fashion Design Fund Award, CFDA Swarovski/Perry Ellis Award for Emerging Design Talent and the CVFF grand prize. In that same year, she also became the first American designer to be nominated for Switzerland's Stella Award."

Doo-ri's designs are being released by Macy's as a wardrobe capsule this spring!
Yeah, I want THIS dress too!

According to Macy's, "The "doo.ri capsule" reflects the designer's signature styling and treasured craftsmanship that have made her an instant success. With modest, yet fascinating details, from the choice of fabric to her signature draping, the doo.ri capsule is a fusion of sumptuous and collectible pieces that can easily transition from day to night. Priced on average from $39-$159, the collection will feature soft fabrics, art inspired prints and feminine silhouettes, all grounded in blues and greys with red, black and orange infused throughout. The “doo.ri for Impulse only at Macy’s” collection combines collectible pieces that are modern, versatile and wholly feminine, representing a woman that is effortlessly chic."

I couldn't agree more! My Green Dress is light, comfy and effortless. I love the draping and the way it can be dressy enough for a wedding or casual enough to pair with a jean jacket for brunch. I can't wait to wear THE GREEN DRESS everywhere this summer.
It's looks a little blue in the photo but trust me, it's GREEN :)

Thanks, Macy's! I finally get to have my "Taylor Moment"!

If you've got a wedding, a graduation or even a hot date this summer, I hope you'll check out the new “doo.ri for Impulse only at Macy’s” collection. Let me know what you find!

Wishing you a fashionable summer with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama


Disclosure: I was sent this dress for review by Macy's. The above is my honest opinion, honest! 

No comments: