Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fitness Walking with Sally Struthers #VIDEO

Remember Speedwalking? I do. It was very popular here in San Diego during the 80s and early 90s. Nowadays, though....the Speedwalkers seem to have vanished. Sure, many people like me can be seen on our streets and in our parks walking for fitness and fun, but how much fun can it be, really, when we've completely abandoned the technique?

Fitness Walking With Sally Struthers [VHS]
image via Amazon.com

Thank heavens for Sally Struthers! She's always there to hook a sister up.  And you  DO NOT want to miss Sally's friend, David Balboa, at about the 1 minute mark. Those Dolphin shorts leave nothing, nothing to the imagination-not even in slow motion!
I had to watch this video at least 4 times to make sure I had the Fitness Walking technique down pat, "like an aerobic dance-walk". It certainly wasn't because I kept missing big hunks of the video since I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Nope. Not me, and especially not at minute 2:35.

Does anyone know where I can find a sweatsuit with shoulder pads? No? Dang.


Wishing you love with extra cheese (which I'm sure you'll be able to walk off)-
Nacho Mama

No comments: