Monday, November 26, 2012

So did you survive Thanksgiving? #NHBPM

I did!

We actually had a really, really great Thanksgiving here in San Diego. It was a beautiful day, we had the family together-a good time was had by all.
Less snacking, more crafting!

I'm fortunate that I don't really have to deal with many "food pushers" this holiday season, but if you need some help you can check out the article I wrote for Mamiverse HERE. These tips have gotten me through some serious holiday scrapes!

I utilzed every tool in my arsenal to resist overingdulging. I'd led a Zumba class at 8am that morning, where I got to meet some new Weight Watchers friends (hi ladies!). I figured out all my points for food and wine and had pretracked them on Monday. Go me!
The beautiful table set by my sis-and-bro-in-law
There were so many things to be grateful for this year: my family is all well, we've made many new friends over the last year (online and IRL) and I even got to be in an exercise video with Richard Simmons (thank you to everyone for all your support with that one, I'm putting together my post on that experience soon)!
On the set of Rock and Roll Cardio-I LOVE that man!
On Sunday it was time to face the music at my Weight Watchers meeting. I was ECSTATIC to learn that I had lost a half a pound!!! YAY!!! All that planning and sweating paid off.

If you are thinking of getting a jumpstart on those resolutions by starting a new healthy living program, I hope you won't wait. Next week we'll be learning about the new changes to the plan, which I believe (?) will be called Pointsplus 360. Even if you don't choose to join something like Weight Watchers, I hope you won't wait til the new year to TAKE CARE OF YOU. Remember, no matter how far off the rails you think you are, there is always something you can do to improve the quality of your life and your health TODAY.

Ok...stepping off the soapbox now.

So how was your Thanksgiving? Great? Stressful?

Wishing you love with extra cheese,
Nacho Mama

No comments: