Tuesday, March 19, 2013

FATSO: Early Thoughts on Maintenance and a Fave Flick

How are you all?! I've been busy trying to maintain my goal weight and getting geared up for Fitbloggin in June-I can't wait!


Thinking of joining us? I hope you do! I can't wait to meet all the people I've been stalking following online for so long!

On the Weight Watchers front...

Maintenance has been pretty easy so far, but it's been a little strange since I've been following the Simply Filling technique for a while. For folks who count all their points, "maintenance" usually involves an extra 5 Food PointsPlus values per day. But since, on SF, I'm not counting points, the line between "weightloss" and "maintenance" is a bit blurred. If I'm Simply Full, I'm not going to eat 5 PPs of extra food or exercise less "just because". So I've been gradually adding a couple of points here and there with healthy, whole foods. Maybe some avocado on that sandwich? Two percent Greek Yogurt instead of Nonfat? Don't mind if I do!
Is that 2% chocolate milk in that glass? Hussy.
I made it through Week 1 of "maintenance" with flying colors. In Weight Watchers, you have to weigh in at goal for 6 weeks before you can become a Lifetime Member, which means you don't have to pay for your membership anymore! I even lost about a half a pound.

I think Jean would approve. (image via PBS.org)
To be honest, it hasn't been such a tough challenge so far. Having experienced many, loooong plateaus, I feel like I've had plenty of opportunity to "practice" maintenance. But I'll keep you posted. Remember, this is not my first time at the WW prom. I know how easy it is to go back. I keep thinking I'm gonna wake up in the middle of the night, growling at my husband in my best Dom Deluise in Fatso voice, "GIMME THE HONEY!!!"

Don't tell me you've never seen Fatso! It's one of my favorite movies. My dear New Jersey neighbors invited me over to watch it right after I joined Weight Watchers with them for the first time almost 13 years ago. It was written and directed by Anne Bancroft (don't you just love her?) and stars Dom Deluise. Just watch it, already! I found the entire movie on Youtube in parts starting HERE. If you've ever struggled with the uncontrollable urge to EAT, then this movie is a MUST SEE.

Right? Come ON!

Thanks for all of your wonderful tweets, posts and comments of support-you guys are the best!

Wishing you love with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are hilarious. Love the blog!