Monday, November 25, 2013

RECIPE REDESIGN: Claire Robinson PUMPKIN GINGER TART

I have given this recipe to so many people in the last week that I thought I should just post it here! I saw it on "5 Ingredient Fix" last week, I love Claire Robinson!

I gave it a shot and, despite being the worst baker in the United States, it came out DELICIOUS. So I put it into the Weight Watchers Recipe Builder (available to WW members on eTools) and, for 12 servings,  it was 8 pointsplus per serving. Which...didn't quite cut it for me.

So I made a few swaps. And OK, I added a sixth ingredient. So here's MY version of this tart:

Nacho Mama's SIX Ingredient Pumpkin Tart

Preheat oven to 350 degress

THE CRUST
-1 cup crushed ginger snaps
-1.5 cups crushed FIBER ONE CEREAL (the original one, that looks like twigs)
-6 tablespoons LIGHT butter

Mix butter with crumbs and press into your 12-inch tart pan and bake for 10 minutes

THE FILLING
-1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree
-3/4 cup FAT FREE sweetened condensed milk
-2 egg yolks

Mix all three, pour into tart crust and bake for 30 minutes.

Looks gorgeous, tastes YUMMY and...only THREE pointsplus per serving!!!

That's how I roll.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING WITH EXTRA CHEESE!
Nacho Mama

No comments: