Monday, October 24, 2011

Why our glass (of milk) is always half full #Positivisimo


I may have mentioned before that when I was a kid? I HATED milk!!! I can't even tell you why because I honestly don't ever remember even trying it. So sad. I would only drink chocolate milk or cafe con leche. Today I still love cafe con leche but chocolate milk is too sweet for me-I prefer PLAIN milk now! Go figure! Turns out what The Master says is really true: Saying Yes is Easier Than Saying No.

When my kids came along, I decided to wait and see what their attitude about milk would be. As it turns out-they both LOVE plain milk! And husband's favorite dessert is a bowl of cereal with milk. So in my house we probably go through 2.5 gallons a week. I buy 2% for the grownups and give the kids whole milk. That's just the milk we drink. If I cook something with milk? Then we're talking 3 gallons a week, people.
In my fridge this morning...

I'm extremely relieved that my children were not so closed minded about milk as I was when I was a little kid. The best part is that they are both very strong and healthy and have good eating habits (unlike their mami) that I hope they'll have for the rest of their lives. 

All this talk about milk has made me decide to cook up some macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight! I guess it's going to be a 3 gallon week after all.






Nacho Mama's Mac and Cheese-with ground beef and spinach and MILK!





Don't forget to enter YOUR kids in the "Little Masters" Facebook Photo contest! Prizes include a stainless
steel refrigerator, professional blender, bicycle and more! Entering is easy—just follow the
instructions to upload a picture of your “Little Master”. Enter HERE.




And you can follow The Master yourself on:

Wishing you love with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama

Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored campaign with the California Milk Processor’s Board and
Latina Mom Bloggers.

No comments: