Friday, June 1, 2012

Let's all Shape Up for Summer with Milk! #Positivisimo

Hello everyone! Hard to believe that summer is already upon us. Many of us have long forgotten those New Years' resolutions to get in shape, right? Wrong! My main New Year's resolution was to reach my goal weight in 2012 and I'm happy to share that it going very well. I've been exercising more and more since the start of the year. As some of you know, I've even recently become a certified Zumba instructor! My diet has been very good but I must admit that I have been seriously slacking in one area-my goal to get at least 2 servings of lean dairy per day. So I was absolutely delighted to be asked, once again, to serve as a Positivity Ambassador for the California Milk Processor Board's Shape Up for Summer campaign!


That's right, El Maestro Del Vaso Medio Lleno (The Master of the Glass Half Full) and his message of "Positivisimo" are back! And this time, he's ready to help us all get beach-ready with a FABULOUS new dance, El Paso Positivo! (keep your eye on the grandma, she's totally shaking her groove thing, inside)
I wonder if my students could learn this?

I hope those girls drank their milk after that awesome performance! Lately I've been reading an awful lot about professional athletes drinking chocolate milk after a vigorous workout. This is because milk contains proteins like casein and whey that can help muscles rebuild after physical activity. Since I've been doing so much dancing in the last month, I have had some serious muscle soreness. Guess what? Milk helps with that too! It has minerals that are important in preventing muscle cramping.
Don't forget that post-workout milk!

Stay tuned here throughout the summer for more tips on how milk can help us all Shape Up! And be sure and follow El Maestro on Facebook-you'll love his hilarious daily doses of "Positivity"!

Wishing you love with extra cheese-
Nacho Mama


This is part of a sponsored campaign with the California Milk Processor Board and Latina Mom Bloggers. However, all opinions expressed are my own.


No comments: